What are Electronic Resources?
Electronic resources are categorised into three broad verticals
• E-book – It is an electronic text that forms the digital media equivalent of a conventional printed book. E-books also include e-reports, e-papers etc.
• E-journals - Electronic journals, also known as ejournals, e-journals, and electronic serials, are scholarly journals or intellectual magazines that can be accessed via electronic transmission. In practice, this means that they are usually published on the Web. They are a specialized form of electronic document: they have the purpose of providing material for academic research and study, and they are formatted approximately like journal articles in traditional printed journals. Some electronic journals are online-only journals; some are online versions of printed journals, and some consist of the online equivalent of a printed journal, but with additional online-only (sometimes video and interactive media material. Most commercial journals are subscription-based, or allow pay-per-view access. Many universities subscribe in bulk to packages of electronic journals, so as to provide access to them to their students and faculty. It is generally also possible for individuals to purchase an annual subscription to a journal, via the original publisher.
• E-Databases – This is any electronic content which cannot be classied purely as an e-book or an e-journal.
E-books could be further categorised into two parts:-
• Single e-Book
• Subject collection of multiple e-Books
E-Journals could be further classified into two parts:-
• Single e-Journal
• Subject collection of multiple e-Journals
One Time Payment Model – In this case payment is made at one time for a resource. Depending on the publisher and the product type, there might or might not be a annual maintenance / charge be levied every year.
Subscription Model or Annual Payment Model – In this case, the customer would have to pay every single year in order to maintain access to the e-content. But the benefit would be that content would be updated regularly and the amount to be paid per year would be substantially less the the lumpsum payment made under the ‘One Time Payment’ model.
Publishers That We Represent
As the world’s leading publisher of science and health information, Elsevier serves more than 30 million scientists, students and health and information professionals worldwide. Elsevier helps customers advance science and health by providing world-class information and innovative tools that help them make critical decisions, enhance productivity and improve outcomes. Elsevier develops online information solutions that help professionals achieve better outcomes. Elsevier publishes around 2,000 journals and close to 20,000 books and major reference works.
ScienceDirect is a leading full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books. There are currently more than 9.5 million articles/chapters, a content base that is growing at a rate of almost 0.5 million additions per year. Elsevier has digitized as much of the pre 1995 journal owned-content as possible, bringing articles from as far back as 1823 (The Lancet) to the desktop. Never has in-depth literature searching been so comprehensive and easy to find.
Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources with smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research. It's designed to find the information scientists need. Quick, easy and comprehensive, Scopus provides superior support of the literature research process.
MD Consult offers the most comprehensive information available in one convenient online resource. With instant access to full-text articles from over 80 medical journals and Clinics, 50 leading medical references across a wide range of specialties, clinically relevant drug information, and over 10,000 patient handouts, MD Consult is truly all you need. More physicians than ever are turning to MD Consult for authoritative and relevant medical answers. Its unmatched depth and breadth exceeds the demanding needs of practitioners with a wealth of specialty information not available anywhere else.
The world’s most comprehensive online collection of scientific, technological and medical journals, books and reference works. SpringerLink offers over 1,750 peer reviewed journals and 27,000 eBooks online. And more than 3,500 eBooks, eReference Works and eBook Series titles are scheduled to be added each year.
Taylor and Francis
Building on two centuries' experience, Taylor & Francis has grown rapidly over the last two decades to become a leading international academic publisher. With offices in London, Brighton, Basingstoke and Abingdon in the UK, New York and Philadelphia in the USA and Singapore and Melbourne in the Pacific Rim, the Taylor & Francis Group publishes more than 1000 journals and around 1,800 new books each year, with a books backlist in excess of 20,000 specialist titles. They are providers of quality information and knowledge that enables their customers to perform their jobs efficiently, continue their education, and help contribute to the advancement of their chosen markets. Their customers are researchers, students, academics and increasingly professionals.
SAGE publishes more than 560 journals in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science, Technology and Medicine. SAGE Journals Online is the delivery platform that provides online access to the full text of individual SAGE journals. The SAGE Full-Text Collections, SAGE's award-winning, discipline-specific research databases, are also available on SAGE Journals Online
Oxford University Press
Oxford Journals Online Collection
Oxford Journals is a division of Oxford University Press, which is a department of Oxford University. We publish well over 230 academic and research journals covering a broad range of subject areas, two-thirds of which are published in collaboration with learned societies and other international organizations. These online journal collections are available in 6 subject collections namely, 1)Medicine 2)Life Sciences 3)Mathematics 4)Law 5) Social Sciences 6) Humanities
Oxford Journals Archive
• Content from 1849-1995
• Over 3.4 million article pages
• 157 journals in 2010
• Access content from Volume 1 Issue 1
• Five subject archives
Including all articles from Volume 1 onwards and a wealth of supplementary material this resource connects readers to knowledge that was previously in danger of being lost, quickly and seamlessly.
Oxford Online Books
Oxford University Press is a major provider of online information to libraries, institutions, and individuals worldwide.
Oxford University Press produces online editions of many of its most acclaimed scholarly and reference works including dictionaries, encyclopedias, general reference material and monographs in a wide range of subject areas.
• Gale Digital Collection
• Gale Virtual Reference Library
• Thieme Connect
• Thieme ElectronicBook Library
• Thieme eJournals
• Karger Hospital Collection
• Karger eBooks Collection
• Karger Journal Archive Collection
ECR Financial eReports
John Wiley & Sons
• Wiley e-Journals
• Wiley e-Books
• Wiley e-Reference Works
• Wiley e-Database
• Wiley e-Current Protocals
• Wiley Subject e-Collections
• Access Science
• Access Medicine
• Access Engineering
Tata McGraw-Hill Engineering Express